Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Project...Interrupted

Well, I didn't just quit this project. Well, I sorta did. Here's the deal:

I was unsure what my 40th birthday celebration might look like. Being during a holiday, it was hard to imagine anyone pulling off a bash with great turnout. DeVon threw a wonderful surprise party for my 30th birthday, but she’s in Iowa…and we’re not! I knew my friends here could certainly host a great party, but would they approach James like DeVon did? Anyway, it was important to James that my birthday be special.

So in stepped DeVon! Their plan for my celebration has amazed me. I can’t imagine a more meaningful way to celebrate life, family and friends! This is SO much better than the series of posts I had planned!


So, here it is…

Friday, November 7th, DeVon “surprised” me by flying to Texas to begin a 40-Day Birthday Celebration! Starting that day, I’d be receiving a gift or message from a different person each day. EACH DAY for 40 days. 40 days of celebrating my birthday. 40 days of hearing from people who love me. 40 days of being blessed! Oh my word. Just typing the words brings tears to my eyes! It took a while for that to sink in. Do I have 40 people in my life who would do that? LOL!!


So, now, instead of reading stuff just about me, you'll have the chance to read about those I love. Perhaps you'll be inspired by their generosity and creativity. Maybe you'll decide to bless someone in the same way I'm being blessed.


As for what I've already written, I may consolidate into one post. I'd like to continue with the idea, especially since so many of the thoughts are written, just not posted.


I'd also like my wonderful logo button re-designed so it will fit the new focus of the series of posts. I'm really looking forward to documenting this incredible adventure of birthday blessings! But I promise, the gifts are not all sappy and girly. Some are downright hilarious!


The experience has been indescribable, but I’ll try to explain what has happened each day and what the gift and the giver mean to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cam by because your profile caught my attention. I thought I lived in the boonies being about 50 minutes from the nearest coffee shop. We used to live in Omaha, which has a great local place. We moved here to join our church group. This has been an adjustment for my husband and I, but we are well blessed.

I am just a year older than you and my 40th birthday was rather subdued. My husband drove me to Kalona, Iowa to do some shopping there. The Amish may not know how to make a latte, but they sure know their pastries.

May the Lord bless you with whatever you may be doing at this time.
Kim