Tuesday, October 28, 2008

31 Days


Well, this is the week of our big PTO fundraiser, plus D brought the stomach bug home from school, so I haven't been able to get on my blog much. I'll try to catch up!



Things I Love About Where I Live


  • I've made some amazing friends here.

  • It only takes a couple of minutes to get anywhere in town.

  • It's quiet and laid back.

  • I've had the chance to get to know people who've lived in this little town their entire lives.

  • When you ask where someone lives, you don't get an address, you hear, "Well, you know where so-and-so used to live?"

  • Our undefeated varsity football team won the state championship last year. It was INSANE!

  • Wherever you go in town, you see someone you know.

  • The young Christian families are hungry for God and that has created quite a bond among us.

  • I can call the florist and say, "Perry, this is Jill. Can you send something to..." I'm pretty sure I'm the only Jill!

  • Half of the hometown crowd still has an account at the grocery store. They get a bill each month!

  • Most of the people here are down-to-earth farming families, business owners, and educators.





There are certainly more things I love about this little town, but I've run out of time!

No comments: